Here’s a sweet deal if you need a little more Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America or Thor in your life… The Marvel Avengers Alliance App is being offered for a very limited time for FREE– regular price is $7.00!
Good for anyone with an Apple product such as: iPhone, iPad, iTouch. .Don’t delay.. the FREE deal ends at tomorrow – Wednesday January 29th at Noon EST.
As any smart dance Mom knows, when the dance stores have sales, you have to take advantage because dancing one expensive sport!
Celebrate the joy of reading & join in the fun of the 16th Annual Family Literacy Day on Sunday January 26, 2014
11 am to 4:30 pm at Conestoga Mall, Waterloo.
Free activities including crafts, face painting, games, celebrity readings, information booths & don’t forget the always energetic musical stylings of Eric Traplin.
For more information, contact: email@example.com or 519-570-3054.
Waterloo Region Locations
Upper Deck’s National Hockey Card Day set returns in 2014. Fans can get a FREE five-card pack from participating hobby shops on Saturday, January 18 throughout Canada.
To Celebrate UD’s NHL Double Rookie Class the product will feature twice as many rookies as in year’s prior.
Don’t miss Upper Deck’s 2014 National Hockey Card Day
CloutsnCharra - 645 Victoria St North (near Edna intersection on right side heading to Guelph in-between the SAAB Dealership and Natural Sound/Bojangles Plaza across from KW Surplus. It is not easy to see from the road at all ….
**In-store Special - A special 21st card is available as a gift with a $10 Upper Deck purchase while supplies last featuring two top Canadian-born rookies! Also look for surprise autograph cards randomly inserted into the packs!
Come in our store on Saturday and have a chance to win a signed helmet. It’s signed by all of the 13-14 rookies.
J&J Collectibles – 230 Weber St West, Waterloo near University Ave in the blue castle
Lookin For Heroes - 83 Ontario Street South, downtown Kitchener across from the bus station.
‘Cold enough for ya?’ How many times have you heard that in the past few weeks…If yo are sick of the ice and snow and freezing rain and have it on your radar to take a winter vacation, here’s your chance! Two day sale now on with Jet Blue Airways. This is my #1 choice for flying since it is the closest US airport to KW and no matter what, prices tend to be about 50% less than flying in Canada.
I’ve been a fan of Jet Blue for many years now and have flown with this airline many times. I wrote about it about a year and half ago and you can read my post here.. http://bargainhuntingmomma.wordpress.com/travelling/. Here are some of the reasons I love Jet Blue and why this is a good chance to take advantage of their mid-winter seat sale.. they don’t have a lot of sales so take a peek.
Seats are roomier than most.
Lots of legroom.
Every passenger gets their own TV’s with lots of channels – a lifesaver when travelling with kids.
Excellent customer service and very friendly staff.
First bag checked free for every traveller and free carry ons.
City of Kitchener.. Upcoming outdoor events at the Huron Natural Area
Did you know that the City of Kitchener has many beautiful natural areas within the city for your enjoyment? One of the newer ones, the city’s largest, that I discovered a few years ago is the Huron Natural Area. It is a large 107-hectare site and is located at 801 Trillium Dr., on the far south side of the city (near Doon and newer Huron area) accessible off of Homer Watson Boulevard. Features include:
- Strasburg Creek, one of our only coldwater streams
- Provincially significant wetlands, forest, meadows and significant species
- Scenic hiking trails, boardwalks and lookout areas
- An amazing natural and cultural history
The trails are quite lovely and our family found it quite an awe-inspiring adventure right in the city.
Winter Wildlife Tracking – just show up!
- Saturday, Feb. 2, 2014; 1 p.m. – Winter wildlife tracking. Learn how to recognize some of the common winter animal tracks and enjoy a leisurely hike through the forests and fields of the Huron Natural Area. All ages welcome! Be prepared for outdoor conditions. Meet at the front entrance picnic shelter.
Owls in KW Natural Areas! (Must pre-register..)
- Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014; 7-9 p.m. – Owls in Kitchener’s natural areas. Spend an evening learning about the different owls that live in Kitchener’s natural areas. We will begin with an indoor slideshow and then head outside to call and search for local owl species. All ages welcome! Be prepared for outdoor conditions. Meet in the school portable near the main entrance parking lot. WAITING LIST - LIMITED SPACE -REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
The best time to shop at Value Village is on their 50% Off Days!
You must have heard of the hottest new crafting trend by now.. rainbow looms. If you haven’t, here’s your chance to check it out. Rainbow Loom Day is happening at all Scholar’s Choice stores across Canada today January 11th. The details listed here are specific to the Kitchener store but I’m told all the stores are doing something similar. Call you local store for details of what is happening in your city.
Rainbow Loom Day at Scholar’s Choice Stores…
Saturday January 11th.
FREE Demos & Make & Takes
11 – 4 pm
Sale on for members
- 20% off all craft kids includes loom and elastics & charms & everything to do with looming
- Special Today – Spend $10 on accessories and get a FREE bag of elastics
|Scholar’s Choice KITCHENER
1187 Fischer Hallman Road
N2E 4H9 (519) 894-2021
Cineplex Odeon’s Family Favourites Movies
Locally – Galaxy Waterloo & Cambridge
11am showtime.. only $2.50 admission each.
Enjoy a different movie every week. Affordable & fun way to take the family out. Saturday January 11th sees Puss in Boots! This was an excellent movie and I highly recommend it. That adorable cat from the Shrek franchise gets his own movie! I saw it when it first came out and thought it was a very good animated kids movie – funny, action packed and clever for adults too.
Puss in Boots
Directed by: Chris Miller
Cast: Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis
Plot: The events leading up to the sword fighting cat’s meeting with Shrek and his friends.
Admission (taxes included):
January 11, 2014
The latest in this monthly free workshop series at your local Home Depot.
This Saturday January 11 at The Home Depot another free kids workshop with a fun Despicable Me themed tic-tac-toe game.
Build a Tic Tac Toe Game!
Workshop Duration: 2 Hours
- A great hands-on free activity for children ages 4-12
- Kids will learn how to build a Tic Tac Toe Game with using a hammer and glue
- Offered at your local Home Depot stores between 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills, tool safety and instill a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin.
- One workshop kit, apron and pin per child, while supplies last.
- Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.
- Kids Workshop activities are scheduled on a first come/first served basis.
- Thank you for registering online to help us better plan our craft kit quantities needed.
Workshop Duration: Drop in anytime during the 2 Hours
Click here to register online.. only takes about 2 minutes!
Another fabulous & FREE kids project brought to you by The Bargain Hunting Momma!